Index  ›  world  ›  Express
world · Express ↗

Prince Harry didn

Express Published Aug 20, 2026 Reviewed Aug 21, 2026 ✓ Reviewed by citations.press editors
Prince Harry didn
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved to the United States in 2020.
2020 year · The Duke and Duchess of Sussex
Prince Archie was seven years old at the time of the couple's move to the United States.
7 years · Prince Archie
Princess Lilibet was born in 2021.
2021 year · Princess Lilibet
The King was reunited with his two youngest grandchildren for the first time since 2022.
2022 year · The King
Archie is seven years old and Lilibet is five years old.
7 years · Archie5 years · Lilibet
The move is expected to happen within the next ten days.
10 days · The move

Prince Harry reportedly only informed King Charles of his plans to return to the UK a few days before the shock announcement was made public on Wednesday. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are set to raise their two children in the UK, with their return set to take place within days.

The couple moved to the US in 2020, just weeks after the annoucement that they would be stepping down from royal duties. The couple, at the time, were only parents to now seven-year-old Prince Archie.

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. Read our Privacy Policy

Meghan and Harry have since welcomed Princess Lilibet, who was born in 2021.

Harry travelled to the UK last month for work commitments, and was later joined by his wife and two children. The Sussexes then travelled to Highgrove House in Gloucestershire, with the King reunited with his two youngest grandchildren for the first time since 2022.

Discussing why Harry didn't mention his plans to move back to the UK with the King last month, royal expert and former royal butler Grant Harrold said that he believes there was one major reason behind Harry's decision to stay quiet.

Speaking to CasinoHawks, Mr Harrold said: "We know Harry only told his father of his plans to return to the UK on Sunday, which is very short notice - especially as planning must have been going on for a while.

"It’s shocking that he hasn’t discussed it with his father. The only reason I can think of why he didn’t tell the King was he didn’t want Prince William to know. It’s very childish, but I don’t think he wants his brother to know what he’s up to."

It has been reported that the couple have already enrolled Archie and Lilibet, now seven and five, in schools in the UK.

The move is expected to happen within the next ten days in order to allow Archie and Lilibet to start school in time for the new term.

The BBC have reported that the family's new home could be in the Cotswolds and the Northampton area. The home would be close to the Spencer family estate.

This article was originally published by Express ↗. citations.press indexes the source-backed facts above and links to the original. Something wrong? Corrections policy · Report an error