Index  ›  politics  ›  Express
politics · Express ↗

Prince Harry’s major hint about bringing children back to Britain

Express Published Aug 20, 2026 Reviewed Aug 21, 2026 ✓ Reviewed by citations.press editors
Prince Harry’s major hint about bringing children back to Britain
Prince Harry joked that he has four children, saying it was "two too many."
4 children · Prince Harry Joss Stone, commented
The King was reportedly first made aware of the move on Sunday, only three days before it was made public.
3 days · The King King Charles, reportedly
Prince Harry arrived in the UK for a five-day visit last month to mark the one-year-to-go event for the Invictus Games in Birmingham.
5 days · Prince Harry Prince Harry, arrived

Before Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they would be moving back to the UK, Harry had already dropped a major hint that the couple could relocate. Harry spoke with British singer Joss Stone at an event in September 2025 about her decision to move back to the UK after living in Nashville for several years.

The couple have reportedly already enrolled their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, into schools in Britain, starting in September. “He joked about me having four children, saying it's 'two too many,' or maybe it wasn't a joke!” she continued. “He also asked about how we were settling back in and was genuinely interested in our move home.” “Maybe Harry will move back too. That would be nice,” Joss said. But one thing Harry said gave away his plans.

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. Read our Privacy Policy

Joss added: “He was saying how wonderful the schools are here and how important community is for children.

“It was nice to share that with him because it's exactly why we felt drawn to come back – for the kids to grow up surrounded by family, friends, and a strong sense of belonging and, most importantly, in a safe environment,” reports Hello! Magazine.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stepped down from their royal roles in 2020 and have been living in the USA for the years since.

The couple will return before the end of the month but where they are set to live is currency unknown.

It is understood there will be no change to the Sussexes’ role and status as private individuals and non-working members of the Royal Family.

The King was reportedly first made aware of the move on Sunday, only three days before it was made public.

It is understood that King Charles would welcome the opportunity to see more of the family both in a private and personal capacity.

Prince Harry arrived in the UK for a five-day visit just last month, mainly to mark the one-year-to-go event for the Invictus Games in Birmingham.

King Charles met with Prince Harry at Highgrove House along with Queen Camilla, Meghan Markle, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet.

This article was originally published by Express ↗. citations.press indexes the source-backed facts above and links to the original. Something wrong? Corrections policy · Report an error